Saturday, November 29, 2008

Owen's 1st Thanksgiving

It's that time of year, when everyone pauses to think about all the things for which they are thankful. I hope you find yourself with a very long list! I'm thankful for so many things, but this year I'm especially thankful for family. It's such a blessing to be around family while Tyler is gone, for for my own emtional support and also for help with Owen.




We had a small gathering for Thanksgiving this year, just Owen, my parents, my grandma and me. The food was delicious though! Owen tried some mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes, neither of which he was too crazy about. His grandma also let him taste some juice from the cranberry salad. He seemed to like this a bit better! He will be 6 months old next week (wow!). He seems to have a lot of interest in eating 'big people' food so we'll be starting with vegetables and fruit very soon! I'm looking forward to watching him experience new tastes. What will he like...and what will he refuse to eat?!

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Max doesn't like potatoes either...I don't get it I thought that would be an easy one. Max conitnues to be pretty mysterious about what he does and does not like from day to day and now only wants to feed himself...what a mess. Good luck to you guys with the eating;p Owen has such cute chubby cheeks!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little guy you have! It is amazing on how fast they grow! You are lucky you have a boy that is willing to try new things! Trent is still a picky eater at 2 years old! Keep posting those pics!