Saturday, May 20, 2006

Dana gets a job...wahoo!

I wanted to share my joy with all of you--I got a job! I am the new finance manager of the Chosun Gift Shop on post. The store is the fund-raising arm of the Army Forces' Spouses' Club, a non-profit organization that gives the money to various groups and organizations both in Korea and in the States. The store is quite large and sells all sorts of products (furniture, rugs, linens, clothes, vases, dishes, etc.) from various countries here in the pacific (Thailand, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, the Philippines, etc.).

Because the store is only open on Wednesdays and Saturdays, I get Friday, Sunday and Monday off. I was a bit disappointed about working on Saturdays because that limits the time I get to spend with Tyler and also how much we can do and see while we're over here. We decided that we could live with the schedule because I will get a couple weeks off in July, two weeks at Christmas and a week in the spring. It's also a great opportunity for me since I'll actually be working in finance/accounting, which is where my passion lies with business.

There are 12 people on the staff of the gift shop, four of whom are Korean. The rest of the people who work there are volunteers. I was volunteering there myself when I heard that the finance position was available. Because I had been volunteering I already knew most of the people with whom I am currently working, which has been nice. I'm very excited about the position and things have been going well so far. I still have so much to learn though!
I want to thank all of you who have been praying for me concerning this whole situation. I praise God for his goodness and faithfulness, even if sometimes my selfish nature causes me to doubt the timing of his plan!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

About time you got to working and quit doing nothing .. Glad you all are doing well

Anonymous said...

Yeah for jobs! I am so glad that you got this position. I know when you were first seeking this option, you had some reservations, but it sounds as if you've overcome those. God is good!

Summer V.